Installing head

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Wed Oct 16 15:26:21 UTC 2019

On Wed, 16 Oct 2019 17:02:00 +0200, Andrea Venturoli wrote:
> Sorry for the stupid questions: I'm trying to install a HEAD system, in
> order to perform some tests.
>
> I tried starting from a 12.0 and building world, but I got some errors.
> Should I move to 12-STABLE before I try HEAD?

Usually -STABLE is a good point to start, but always remember
that -HEAD is a development branch and therefore sometimes
won't build. Wait a little, then obtain a more recent source
tree via svn.

If you start with -RELEASE and can build -STABLE, it will
show that your build environment basically works. You then
have the more recent one of -STABLE, which should be fine
for building -HEAD.

The approach you're thinking about is not wrong. :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany