term: Undefined variable when booting

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sun Oct 13 23:34:01 UTC 2019

On Sun, 13 Oct 2019 22:57:28 +0100, Luis P. Mendes wrote:
> Since some time ago, maybe after some system upgrade, there's the
> message:
>
> term: Undefined variable
>
> that follows the 'Starting daemons' message.
>

> What should I do to correct it, since the machine only boots after a
> Ctrl + C?

Check the output of the following command:

	grep "term" /etc/rc.conf

if you find anything suspicious (missing quotes, superfluous
spaces, and the like). I suspect an incomplete setting in that
particular file (which has to conform to common sh syntax, as
it is sourced by other system sh scripts).

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany