Intermittent connectivity loss with em(4)

Sergio de Almeida Lenzi lenzi.sergio at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 13:07:44 UTC 2019

Em ter, 2019-10-08 às 10:51 +0200, Morgan Wesström escreveu:
> That is almost correct. The cable modem is a SagemCom 2864 with tailored
> firmware for my ISP and it has a setting to switch between NAT/bridge
> mode. I've put it in bridge mode and the ISP provides 4 public
> IP-addresses through DHCP.

Hello... in Brazil   I solved the problem when I put a small 5 port switch between the modem and  the FreeBSD machine..
one cable FreeBSD  -> small switch ->  modem  instead of : Freebsd -> modem
since than no connection drop at all

I do not know why this happens.. must be something about hardware, timing...

Hope this helps...