Remove opie for one user

Kralj Karlo karlo at klarinet.osamsb.hr
Tue Oct 8 10:08:25 UTC 2019

I have initialized opie for one user. Now I want to go back to using
normal passwords on that one user. What do I do? Here is what I have
tried.

If I only run "opieinfo -d", then I still get the opie prompt when I try
to log in.

If I remove the user's line from /etc/opiepasswd, with or without
having run opieinfo -d, then I can log in with a normal password, but
opieinfo(1) fails.

In an attempt to see how opieinfo knows about my user, I have run
"ktrace opieinfo" as root, but nothing stood out.