FreeBSD-12.1 on laptop

Clay Daniels clay.daniels.jr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 23:31:49 UTC 2019

My experience is from running 13.0 for several months, a new install most
every week. I wonder if 12.1 didn't inherit our setup. In the exit message
after you install drm-kmod it should tell you what to put in /etc/rc.conf
and give three choices depending on your processor. For an Intel machine
the correct entry (at least for the 13.0 folks) is:

*kld_list="i915kms"*

No path necessary. Give it a try.

Clay