Audio mixer settings for recording with a microphone

Tomasz CEDRO tomek at cedro.info
Sun Nov 24 20:00:58 UTC 2019

On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 7:01 PM Polytropon wrote:
> It's sad to see that several things stop working during the
> course of advancement of FreeBSD, things that worked reliably
> for decades... :-/

Indeed, we also got into the point where Kernel API changes from
release to release and the graphics driver crashes your machine in an
endless loop :-(

In Hangouts (web video chat client) I had to change input device to
"Monitor of /dev/dsp1" in order to get the built-in microphone
working. I have following devices:
/dev/dsp1
/dev/dsp2
Monitor of /dev/dsp0
Monitor of /dev/dsp1
Monitor of /dev/dsp2

My WindowManager Enlightenment uses PulseAudio for sound routing..

Hope that helps..