Root filesystem

Luciano Mannucci luciano at vespaperitivo.it
Thu Nov 21 13:55:50 UTC 2019

I would like to move the root filesystem of one of my FreeBSD machines
keeping the boot slice and reusing the space for another partition.
Can it be done? I know you can tell from which disk to boot at the
initial prompt by escaping to the prompt and setting a variable; can
this be saved for next boot?
where do I find the docs about the details of this? I've had a look
at the handbook but it doesn't seem to cover nonstandard things...

Luciano.
--
 /"\                         /Via A. Salaino, 7 - 20144 Milano (Italy)
 \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN / PHONE : +39 2 485781 FAX: +39 2 48578250