Is there a bug with FreeBSD list servers?

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Wed Nov 13 10:17:41 UTC 2019

On 13/11/2019 07:44, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> I notice in the past three or four days that I have received very few messages from FreeBSD lists, and I am subscribed to many, including freebsd-questions and others.
>
> I received 0, 5, and 3 messages in the last three days.
>
> Has volume on the FreeBSD lists been unusually light, or is there a bug with the FreeBSD list server, or maybe the server at my end?
>
> I logged in to my FreeBSD lists account and into the twc.com (spectrum.net) web interface to check my settings, and I am not under any spam filters.
>
> I was successful sending messages to freebsd-test at freebsd.org .
>
> I am not sure on who best to send this inquiry to.

It hasn't been anything out of the ordinary in terms of traffic levels.
The FreeBSD mail servers have been functioning normally over the past
few weeks, although there was a problem with bot traffic causing a bad
reputation score for the FreeBSD mail servers.  It's possible your mail
provider has been mistakenly classifying some mailing list traffic as spam.

You can compare the traffic you've seen with the archives on
lists.freebsd.org to see if there are messages you haven't actually
received.

Your ultimate resource for mail problems is to contact
postmaster at FreeBSD.org who are incredibly helpful, but obviously can
only fix problems with the FreeBSD systems themselves.  Otherwise you'ld
need to speak to whoever provides your email service.

	Cheers,

	Matthew