12.1 on Thinkpad - problem making graphics work

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Sat Nov 9 12:37:59 UTC 2019

On Fri, 8 Nov 2019 22:55:39 +0100
Tomasz CEDRO <tomek at cedro.info> wrote:

> Also make sure that rc.conf contains:
> kld_list="/boot/modules/drm.ko /boot/modules/i915kms.ko"

	Just the latter seems to suffice.

> Using the "default" drm.ko and i915.ko does not provide acceleration.
> Why are they bundled then?

	I believe they work with some old cards. They're probably on the
way out but deprecation is a slow process not embarked upon lightly since
the days there were complaints about axes being wielded on the tree.

C:\>WIN                                     | A better way to focus the sun