12.1 on Thinkpad - problem making graphics work

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Fri Nov 8 20:00:16 UTC 2019

	Hi,

	Yes the one in pkg is the latest - but it's built on 12.0 not 12.1
and that causes a problem. It's mentioned in the 12.1 Errata that you need
to build the port, however if that doesn't do the job I'm stumped.

On Fri, 8 Nov 2019 20:51:36 +0100
Tomasz CEDRO <tomek at cedro.info> wrote:

> i have already tried updating the drm-kmod package but the one provided
> with pkg is the latest one. rebuilding the clean port after portsnap also
> does not help. i am working on raw framebuffer now (i.e. no hdmi output
> for X) :-(
>

> --
> CeDeROM, SQ7MHZ, http://www.tomek.cedro.info
>
> pt., 8 lis 2019, 20:47 użytkownik Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve at sohara.org>
> napisał:
>
> > On Thu, 7 Nov 2019 10:51:59 -0800
> > "James E. Pace" <james at pacehouse.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I upgraded my Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon from 12.0 to 12.1 (using
> > > freebsd-update), and I now have graphics problems.
> >
> >         You probably need to:
> >
> > 1: Remove any drm-kmod* packages you have installed
> > 2: Install drm-kmod from *ports* (make sure your ports tree is up to
> > date)
> >
> > > Under 12.0, I had the line "kld_list="/boot/modules/i915kms.ko"" in
> >
> >         That still works - but you need an 1915kms.ko compiled for 12.1.
> >
> > --
> > Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve at sohara.org>

C:\>WIN                                     | A better way to focus the sun