USB 3.0 disk to move files between FreeBSD and Windows

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Tue Nov 5 12:53:22 UTC 2019

On Tue, 5 Nov 2019 17:13:35 +0700, Victor Sudakov commented:
>thor wrote:
>> I sincerely believe that the best variant is
>> /usr/ports/sysutils/fusefs-exfat. It's supported well both under the
>> FreeBSD and Abomination, and exfat is documented while NTFS isn't.
>
>I second this. I had weird problems while writing to an NTFS drive from
>FreeBSD. On FreeBSD, the files I had saved were there all right, but
>Windows 7 did not see them.

"exfat" is certainly a good choice; however, I would not rule out NTFS
completely. Windows 7, while not EOL until 2020, is definitely
comatose. I don't don't know anyone still using it, especially since
Microsoft offered an easy and free upgrade path.

--
Jerry

“Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and
they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that
had all those people on it. Damn.” ― Joss Whedon