newbie question

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Tue May 21 23:40:17 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 22 May 2019 at  1:36:24 +0300, Alexandru Goia wrote:
> greetings. how can do i get attuned in a logical manner with the
> *bsd/freebsd kernel source code ? thank you very much !

Clearly you know how to get it (otherwise
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ is your
friend).  To understand it better, I'd suggest reading "The Design and
Implementation of the FreeBSD Operating System" by Kirk McKusick and
George Neville-Neil (Addison-Wesley).

Understanding the code requires some work.  People will happily answer
detail questions, but you'll be responsible for finding out the
overall structure yourself.

Greg
Sent from my desktop computer.