Rebuilding openSSL pacakges

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Wed May 15 20:27:17 UTC 2019

After updating to openSLL-1.1.1 (and changing make.conf from openssl to openssl111)

# pkg shlib -qR libssl.so.9

Gives me a list of packages that are linked to the old openssl-1.0.2:

links-2.16_1,1
openldap-client-2.4.47
git-2.21.0
libzip-1.5.2
mutt-1.11.4
mosh-1.3.2_7
apache24-2.4.39
lynx-2.8.9.1_1,1
pure-ftpd-1.0.49
libevent-2.1.8_3
libgit2-0.28.1
py27-cryptography-2.6.1
wget-1.20.3
postfix-3.4.5,1
librtmp-2.4.20151223_4
rtmpdump-2.4.20151223
p5-Net-SSLeay-1.85
p5-Crypt-OpenSSL-Random-0.15
p5-Crypt-OpenSSL-RSA-0.31
python27-2.7.16_1
curl-7.64.1_1
python36-3.6.8_2
py36-cryptography-2.6.1
krb5-1.17_2
mariadb101-client-10.1.40
p5-DBD-mysql-4.050
ruby-2.5.5_2,1
php72-openssl-7.2.18
mariadb101-server-10.1.40
libssh2-1.8.2,3
rust-1.34.1
dovecot-2.3.6
dovecot-pigeonhole-0.5.6
w3m-0.5.3.20190422
spamassassin-3.4.2_3

When I try to run postmaster `pkg shlib -qR libssl.so.9` I get, after a lot of checking, errors that libssl.so.9 cannot be found.

===>>> Initial dependency check complete for ftp/wget

Shared object "libssl.so.9" not found, required by "mysql"
Shared object "libssl.so.9" not found, required by "mysql"

===>>> postfix-3.4.5,1 14/35
Shared object "libssl.so.9" not found, required by "mysql"
Shared object "libssl.so.9" not found, required by "mysql"

===>>> Currently installed version: postfix-3.4.5,1
===>>> Port directory: /usr/ports/mail/postfix

Shared object "libssl.so.9" not found, required by "mysql"
Shared object "libssl.so.9" not found, required by "mysql"
Shared object "libssl.so.9" not found, required by "mysql"
Shared object "libssl.so.9" not found, required by "mysql"
Shared object "libssl.so.9" not found, required by "mysql"
Shared object "libssl.so.9" not found, required by "mysql"
        ===>>> This port is marked IGNORE
        ===>>> cannot install: unknown MySQL version: 101

        ===>>> If you are sure you can build it, remove the
               IGNORE line in the Makefile and try again.

===>>> Update for postfix-3.4.5,1 failed
===>>> Aborting update

I am currently going though the ports one at a time, but I am not sure what to do about postfix and mariadb since I thought rebuilding the ports would link to the new openssl. That's rather the point, isn't it?

--
I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing.