No program binary after port install for avidemux video editor

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Thu May 9 13:55:57 UTC 2019

I tried to install the AviDemux video editing program on my new
FreeBSD desktop system. With the regular "pkg install" command,
it didn't work, complained about some "size mismatch" and "cannot
continue", so I decided to build from ports. This worked just as
intended. Only a few dependencies were actually built.

Surprise - for avidemux-2.6.11_14, no binary got installed!
Just libs and headers, verified by "pkg info -l avidemux".
Currently installed (on FreeBSD 12.0-p3 i386):

	avidemux-2.6.11_14
	avidemux-plugins-2.6.11_1

On my old system (which is FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE i386), I have:

	avidemux2-2.5.5_1
	avidemux2-plugins-2.5.5_1

And there is of course a set of binaries, avidemux2_cli and
avidemux2_gtk (which I use).

Did I miss something important? Well, obviously I did, but what
could it have been?

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany