Remote debugging of FreeBSD system from Linux?

Simon Connah scopensource at gmail.com
Thu May 9 12:43:30 UTC 2019

I'd like to try and contribute to FreeBSD if I am able to but since I
only have one computer I have to use virtual machines to run all of my
development work loads. I was wondering if it was possible to run a
FreeBSD virtual machine and then run a Linux virtual machine to do
remote debugging of the FreeBSD virtual machine?

If that is not possible can I do the same thing with another remote
FreeBSD virtual machine for remote debugging?

For the record I use VMWare Workstation 15 Pro running on Windows 10 Pro
to run my virtual machines.