firefox 66.0.3 disables noscript

Russell L. Carter rcarter at pinyon.org
Sun May 5 04:51:51 UTC 2019

On 2019-05-04 19:58, Gary Aitken wrote:
> On 5/4/19 8:39 PM, Gary Aitken wrote:
>> firefox (66.0.3) seems to have disabled noscript.
>> Apparently it's a bug:
>>    https://forums.informaction.com/viewtopic.php?p=100053#p100053
>> However, I can't get the hotfix to work because in my preferences I can't
>> check the "Allow Firefox to send technical and interaction data to
>> Mozilla"
>> (It says at the bottom, under the two "Allow ..." subboxes:
>>    "Data reporting is disabled for this build configuration")
>> Anyone know what the right way around this is?
>> How does data reporting get disabled from the whole build?  I don't
>> see that as one of the build options.
>>
>> 11.2-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE-p4 #0: Thu Sep 27 08:16:24 UTC 2018
>>   root at amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
>
> I got it (noscript) working by manually installing the hotfix from:
>
> storage.googleapis.com/moz-fx-normandy-prod-addons/extensions/hotfix-update-xpi-intermediate at mozilla.com-1.0.2-signed.xpi

So... I just updated 12-stable /usr/ports from svn and poudriere'd my
through it, and noticed a firefox build, but pkg upgrade doesn't
upgrade it.  So (guessing) the fix is not in.

I too can go to that link, HN seems to think it is ok, but I'd prefer
to have the port updated.

Is that going to happen, hero ports team?  NBD if not, but I need my
add-ons pretty soon.

Russell