OpenSSL111

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Mon Mar 4 16:04:41 UTC 2019

On 03 Mar 2019, at 02:40, Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Mar 2019 at 21:46, @lbutlr <kremels at kreme.com> wrote:
>> What is the current port status of moving to OpenSSL111 over 1.0.2r?
>
> There is /usr/ports/security/openssl111/

That isn’t at all relevant to my question though. I’m not asking about OpenSSL 1.1.1, I’m asking about the status of ports moving to it (since it cannot co-exist with 1.0.2)

>> Is there an easy way to check if any ports I have are still not able to
>> use OpenSSL 1.1.1?
>
> Since you install the ports yourself, you must check with their respective
> support channels/mailing lists to
> know how they interact with or support ver.111. That's what I think as a
> Sysadmin.

> It also depends on why you really need ver111 😃

Since 1.0.2 has an EOL date of December and some ports are no longer supporting it it would be useful to know what the progress is for the ports tree the than checking dozens (or hundred) of individual packages.

--
Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?