Getting vm_fault running FreeBSD 12

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 28 11:25:42 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am trying to install FreeBSD 12 amd64 on my desktop PC. During the
install, the setup suddenly crashed and shut down (or restarted) the
machine. I tried installing a second time.

The second install was successful, but then I started getting :

vm_fault - Page Read Error

while using the PC.

It almost certainly looks like my hardware is crapping out. I ran my 8GB
RAM through memtest86, and it went through a complete pass without any
errors.

I need help from the list to figure out which parts of my hardware could
possibly be faulty.

Any advice would be greatly welcome.

Thanks & Regards,

Manish Jain