IPv6-only network--is NAT64+DNS64 really this easy now?

Arthur Chance freebsd at qeng-ho.org
Tue Jun 25 10:17:35 UTC 2019

> At the troopers con there was an v6 only network and most things already
> worked,
> The hardest thing is getting a real IPv&/ bigger than a /64 as this is
> required by most systems.

Really? My ISP (Zen in the UK) gives you a /48 as standard (plus a /64
just for the link to them), and everything I've seen about IPv6 suggests
/48 or /56 assignments are the norms.

> But i don't understand why you would use a NAT64, as one of the reasons
> to use IPv6 is not needing a NAT

It's so nice to have servers with the same address in house as well as
externally.

--
What do we want?
A time machine!