Can I recreate my .snap directories ?

Olivier Olivier.Nicole at cs.ait.ac.th
Tue Jun 25 05:30:04 UTC 2019

Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de> writes:

> Is this still the case?
>
> Don't get me wrong - I've always been a fan of functional partitioning,
> especially to stop misbehaving processes to mess up the whole system
> ("disk full, can't even write error log") as well as using features
> such as noexec on "untrusted user filesystems". With ZFS of course,
> this is all a lot easier, but with UFS, do people still use functional
> partitioning instead of "putting everything into one big / because
> that's how you do it today"?

It is the case for me, for all good reasons you mention above. Plus
different backup policies on different file systems, plus moving one
file system around without to have to move the whole machine...

"putting everything into one big / because that's how you do it today"
is what microsoft does, it does not mean it is the best solution.

Olivier