Can I recreate my .snap directories ?

Michael Sierchio kudzu at tenebras.com
Tue Jun 25 02:35:27 UTC 2019

There will be one per filesystem, provided those filesystems support
snapshots.

If you see only /.snap, you have one big filesystem. That's okay for toy
systems, or laptops, but you really want separate filesystems for /var,
/tmp (which may be a tmpfs), and /usr.

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 5:51 PM Thomas Mueller <mueller6722 at twc.com> wrote:

> from Michael Sierchio:
>
> > It's just a directory.
>
> > mkdir -p /.snap /usr/.snap /var/.snap
> > chown root:operator /.snap /usr/.snap /var/.snap
> > chmod 775 /.snap /usr/.snap /var/.snap
>
> Where do you get /usr/.snap and /var/.snap ?
>
> I have seen /.snap in FreeBSD but never /usr/.snap or /var/.snap .
>
> Tom

"Well," Brahmā said, "even after ten thousand explanations, a fool is no
wiser, but an intelligent person requires only two thousand five hundred."

- The Mahābhārata