mpd5 pppoe losing configuration

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Sun Jun 23 09:47:28 UTC 2019

	Hi,

	My FTTH connection presents as PPPOE on a VLAN for which I have mpd5
configured and working fine most of the time. Sometimes the ng0 interface
it creates loses its IP configuration without logging anything obvious by
way of cause, when this happens restarting mpd5 always restores the
connection. I get the impression that this sort of thing is not unusual
with PPPOE connections.

	I'm hoping I'm missing something obvious and there's some way of
configuring mpd5 to notice this and renegotiate the connection
automatically, does anyone know of a way or have another nice simple idea
before I resort to writing a script.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve at sohara.org>