Eliminating IPv6 (?)

Rodney W. Grimes freebsd-rwg at gndrsh.dnsmgr.net
Wed Jun 19 23:32:31 UTC 2019

> >> IPv6 will break only.
> >
> > That is incorrect, scripts that would silently do nothing can
> > now infact fail, trust me, first hand experience.  This can
> > have consequences beyong "IPv6 will break only".

> >> I ran plenty of hosts with IPv6 disabled this way and no problems observed, but this pre-dates 12.0.
> >
> > I've not run a userland without V6 in a long time once I started to have
> > issues with some things.
>
> Can you give an example of such script in base system, please?
>
> If you have such script or binary not in our base, it's not our fault :-)

That is an extremly aragant position to take.  Your basically saying that
only the base system scripts have to function correctly and that any
script not part of the base system has no need to be supported.

Go tell this to the ports people... *sigh*

--
Rod Grimes                                                 rgrimes at freebsd.org