email whitelist suggestions

Noel noeldude at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 16:30:51 UTC 2019

On 6/12/2019 10:28 AM, David Banning wrote:
> I changed the IP address for my server recently having changed my ISP, and now mail from my server is getting continuously filtered into peoples spam folders.
>
> I check my ip address on mxtoolbox.com fairly regularly - my IP never appears on a blacklist.
>
> So now I'm thinking whitelist - but I don't have the money to lay out for this type of thing - at least not a large amount.
>
> Anyone have a suggestion as to how to resolve my problem?

If you have widespread delivery problems, it's probably related to
your IP and/or your reverse DNS hostname.

Make sure you have a static IP.

Make sure you have rDNS and it is not a "generic" DHCP-looking name.

Make sure your new IP has fcrdns.  This is a non-issue for web
servers, but is vital for sending mail.

Make sure you publish SPF records listing your new IP.

It's also good to set up DKIM and maybe DMARC, but these are usually
secondary concerns.

If you need more help, provide more information.