Editing LSCOLORS

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Tue Jun 4 13:38:27 UTC 2019

On Tue, 4 Jun 2019 11:07:00 +0300, Amit Yaron wrote:
> Do you know of a nice way to edit the environment variable LSCOLORS in
> FreeBSD 12.0?

Just set the environment variable according to your needs.
There are several ways to do so (typically ~/.login_conf for
shell-independent settings, or your shell's interactive
initialization file, for example ~/.cshrc for the C shell).

> I don't want the name of a directory printed in blue on the dark
> background of my terminal.

I have

	setenv	LSCOLORS	ExGxdxdxCxDxDxBxBxeg

in my ~/.cshrc which resembles the color scheme of an older
Linux version. :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany