Best hardware for a replacement desktop?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Wed Jul 31 20:55:45 UTC 2019

On Wed, 31 Jul 2019 05:06:52 -0400, Aryeh Friedman wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 12:16 AM Ralf Mardorf via freebsd-questions <
> freebsd-questions at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 31 Jul 2019 01:16:44 +0200, Polytropon wrote:
> >
> > >You can have dual monitors with _one_ graphics card,
> > >[snip] today probably DVI and HDMI).
> >
> > Or HDMI for the new LCD + on demand VGA for an old CRT ;).
> >

> The Frankenstein version of DIY computing.

Hey! If I didn't have a spare 21" 4:3 CRT, I wouldn't even be
able to read this! I'm a Frankenstein museum of forgotten and
reanimated computer hardware... ;-)

I have created dual-screen setups with CRTs many years ago,
with one graphics card (1st monitor DVI->VGA, 2nd monitor
VGA), and it was very convenient to work with. The only problem
with CRTs is that they're demanding workspace area and volume,
compared to LCDs.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany