cc -c test.adb freezing

Fri Jul 26 00:13:55 UTC 2019

Hi list,

     What can I do to once again build "devel/binutils" using plain
make/portupgrade? If I put any kind of random text into an .adb-file
(Ada) like e.g. "test.adb" from the subject line above and try to
compile it using the system cc:

    FreeBSD clang version 6.0.1 (tags/RELEASE_601/final 335540) (based
    on LLVM 6.0.1)
    Target: x86_64-unknown-freebsd12.0
    Thread model: posix
    InstalledDir: /usr/bin

... the compiler freezes, and if I run:

    top -ItPz

... in a different window I start seeing a bunch of cc's being spawned
in the background!? I've spotted at least one other person out there
seeing the same phenomenon, which ultimately causes configure-scripts to
freeze when building "devel/binutils". This even happened back when
running fbsd 11, and now also with:

    01:37>> uname -a
    FreeBSD xxxxxx 12.0-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 12.0-RELEASE-p2 r343743
    DIAMOND  amd64

... strangely enough "devel/binutils" still builds when using:

    synth force devel/binutils

     Any hints/solutions would be greatly appreciated!

     br Nikolaj Thygesen