How to explore Android device files under FreeBSD ?

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Sun Jul 14 07:01:13 UTC 2019

El día domingo, julio 14, 2019 a las 01:10:13a. m. +0200, Polytropon escribió:

> On Sat, 13 Jul 2019 22:41:12 +0000, Manish Jain wrote:
> > No matter how hard I try, no da0 turns up.
>
> Does _nothing_ turn up? Maybe you need to enable USB on the
> phone first. Check your settings. In some cases, the device
> files are being created after a specific interaction on the
> phone, i. e., it detects that some USB contact has been
> established, and then asks as if USB mass storage or MTP
> compatible device is desired; after making that selection,
> the appropriate devices are being created according to the
> "self-identification" of the phone.

There is only one real solution: root the device, install/enable sshd
into it, configure the USB port for tethering (i.e. that you can run
TCP/IP over USB) or configure the Wifi to ssh into it via Wifi.

I use an Ubuntu mobile phone which uses internal an Android kernel and
on top of the Ubuntu 16.04. I wrote some hints about some stuff one can
do with it, maybe it gives you some ideas for your case:

https://gurucubano.gitbooks.io/bq-aquaris-e-4-5-ubuntu-phone/content/en/

But before you must "open" the device, i.e. root it. There are a lot of instructions in
Internet about how to do this.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045
May, 9: Спаси́бо освободители! Thank you very much, Russian liberators!