p0f, bpf, and jail

Ernie Luzar luzar722 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 16:08:55 UTC 2019

David Mehler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is anyone using p0f in a jail on FreeBSD 12? I'm getting two errors
> one about bpf not being available, the other about how the jail is
> trying to sniff the host's network interface. The tcpdump-type
> expression is 'tcp dst 1515'
>
> Thanks.
> Dave.

I see you have gotten no replies. This maybe to the lack of any details
provided by you. You will get better results if you provide details
about what your trying to do, what hardware you are using and what
version of FreeBSD you are running. BY default bpf is disabled for
jails. Have no idea what pof is.