FreeBSD 3.0 download

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sun Jul 7 18:37:47 UTC 2019

On Sun, 7 Jul 2019 10:38:11 -0700, Grant Lindberg wrote:
> I work in security and I wanted to practice exploiting vulnerabilities with
> older systems. I was wondering if FreeBSD 3.0 was available to download
> from anywhere.

You can find a lot of older releases in the FreeBSD FTP archive.
This is where you'll find v3.0:

	http://ftp-archive.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD-Archive/old-releases/i386/3.0-RELEASE/

And here you can find other older releases, sorted by architecture:

	http://ftp-archive.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD-Archive/old-releases/

See the file README.TXT for detailed information.

> On the releases page, I only see 11.2 and 12.0
> understandably. This would greatly help me improve my skills.

That is correct. Older releases are not served by the regular
sources, they've been moved to the archive.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany