Debugging with lldb under FreeBSD::Visual Studio Code

Manish Jain jude.obscure at yandex.com
Tue Jan 29 08:16:57 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am trying to set up Visual Studio Code for debugging my C/C++
projects. This is not easy : - )

But I managed to get the environment working under Linux using lldb.

When I try that setup in FreeBSD, trying to launch the debugger first
got me a message that my version of lldb (lldb60) does not support
scripting.

So I installed llvm70 and put the following in make.conf:

CC=clang70
CXX=clang++70
CPP=clang-cpp70

Now when I try to get the debugger running, I get a message that the
selected debug adapter requires platform-specific files, and then an
error message that the platform is not supported.

Has anyone managed to get lldb debugging functional for VS Code under
freeBSD ? Any tips would be greatly welcome.

Thanks,

Manish Jain