Wireless interface

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Mon Jan 28 13:03:46 UTC 2019

Matthew Seaman writes:

>  Actually, the project is struggling with a lack of information
>  about its userbase.  If you're trying to make decisions about the
>  lifecycle of support for a particular device it certainly helps to
>  have an idea about how many people are using it.

	Are steps being taken to address this?  If so, how do I make my
information available?

>  As for whether stock FreeBSD contains backdoors or spyware -- I'm
>  pretty sure it doesn't, but there are no absolute guarantees.

	I am told Dennis Ritchie once posed this at a conference:

	Proove, conclusively, the original C compiler - distributed in
	binary form - didn't contain an adapting, self-propagating,
	and self-concealing virus that has infected every executable
	compiled with that executable, including descendant compilers,
	/ad infinitum/.

	Last I heard no one had done so.  I'd be happy to be prooved
wrong.

			Respectfully,

				Robert Huff