Wireless interface

Valeri Galtsev galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu
Sun Jan 27 20:34:36 UTC 2019

On 1/27/19 1:35 PM, Polytropon wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jan 2019 13:23:22 -0600, Valeri Galtsev wrote:

<snip>

>> With FreeBSD you will pay with your time. You will need some effort
>> requiring some learning to install system, software, and make all work.
>
> You will also need to invest time into learning "Windows",
> either if you haven't been exposed to it before, or because
> you need to unlearn what you knew from previous "Windows"
> vesions (things that are very different now) or from different
> GUI-based systems (such as Linux with an IDE).

Very true. The following is what I usually tell my Windows users when I
help them. INUX sysadmins usually can deal with any system, including MS
Windows. Actually, everybody can administer MS Windows (not server,
desktop/laptop version). However, Microsoft with every system release,
renames and reshuffles yet the same administration tools (almost true).
Windows admins learn that by heart (and that is part of their
Certification, probably), and when they deal with your system they look
just brilliant. But you and I can do that too, it just takes us some
effort to find yet the same tools we used on older system, wherever they
are "hidden" on this new system.

This all is truth (almost), and it actually helps my users to feel that
they are still on the solid ground as they were with previous MS Windows
system.

Valeri

<snip>

Valeri Galtsev