PF issue since 11.2-RELEASE

ASV asv at inhio.net
Sat Jan 26 16:01:00 UTC 2019

Hi all,
since I've upgraded to 11.2 (from 11.1) I've observed that anytime I
change something on pf.conf and reload (pfctl -f /etc/pf.conf) I
partially loose connectivity. Partially means that I still am connected
to the server but the server cannot connect anywhere or ping anything
(no hosts no IPs) also the jails instantly suffers from the same.
The quickest fix is to revert the PF configuration to the previous one
and reload. Everything starts working again.

I've been trying to find the root cause of this without success. Did I
miss some major change on the PF port on FreeBSD? I've never seen this
serious issue before nor on FreeBSD neither on OpenBSD.