DNS Flag Day

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Mon Jan 21 14:01:47 UTC 2019

On 20 Jan 2019, at 13:49, Daniel Feenberg <feenberg at nber.org> wrote:
> Is DNS Flag Day something that should concern someone using FreeBSD 11.2 for name service? I ran the tester at:
>
>   https://dnsflagday.net/
>
> and it indicated a need for concern, but the details were unintelligible and there was no suggestion of "what to do".

Without knowing what the messages were, it’s pretty much impossible to give you any advice.

When I checked my domain, it simply replied with “SLOW” in a red circle.

 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can live with slow for now. I suppose I should read up on RFC 6891 though and this time for sure get DNSSEC setup.

(I am running bine 9.12.3P1_2)

--
Q is for QUENTIN who sank in the mire
R is for RHODA consumed by a fire