fstab

Matthias matthias at smormegpa.no
Sun Jan 20 21:56:25 UTC 2019

Am Sonntag, den 20.01.2019, 11:28 -0500 schrieb starikarp--- via
freebsd-questions:
> Hi!
>
> On my FreeBSD 12.0-Release (amd64) I have in /etc/fstab /dec/ada0p2
> which is / ufs and ada0p3 which is swap.
> Do I need to have also adaop1 which is efi partition and put in
> something like:
> /dev/ada0p1   /boot/efi       msdos rw, noauto       0       0
> or in not important, please?
> Does FreeBSD 12.0-RELEASE use /boot/boot1.efi or loader.efi?

The filesystem inside the EFI partition is actually never mounted.
It's only purpose is to hold a single file that will be processed
during the first stage of the booting process in UEFI mode: boot1.efi
By UEFI specification, this file is named /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI by
default. See uefi(8).
FreeBSD itself has no need for it.

Regards
Matthias