Accepting IPv6 RA messages

Arthur Chance freebsd at qeng-ho.org
Fri Jan 18 17:13:19 UTC 2019

I'm in the process setting up IPv6 on my home network and have noticed

root at arthur:5# sysctl net.inet6.ip6.accept_rtadv
net.inet6.ip6.accept_rtadv: 0

root at arthur:5# sysctl -d net.inet6.ip6.accept_rtadv
net.inet6.ip6.accept_rtadv: Default value of per-interface flag for
accepting ICMPv6 RA messages

Anybody know why this is 0? Surely a machine has to accept RA messages
in order for SLAAC to assign a global unicast address?

This is on 11.2-RELEASE-p8.

--
Always learn from the mistakes of others, because you won't live long
enough to learn from making all possible mistakes yourself.