How to build depreated ports

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com
Thu Jan 3 18:51:06 UTC 2019

--On January 3, 2019 at 1:55:09 PM +0200 Christos Chatzaras
<chris at cretaforce.gr> wrote:

>> On 2 Jan 2019, at 23:08, Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have a server that requires php56. I cannot update to php7, because a
>> critical app is not ready yet.
>>
>> How can I upgrade ports without upgrading all the php ports to 7?
>>
>> I tried DISABLE_SECURITY_CHECK=yes in /etc/make.conf (and several
>> others) but that didn't work.
>>
>> Is there a way to ignore all php ports in portmaster so it will build
>> everything but those?
>

> In the long run I am sure something will break if you keep upgrading
> things that PHP 5.6 depends on.
>
> For example today we have:
>
> curl-7.62.0                        <   needs updating (index has 7.63.0)
> libxml2-2.9.7                      <   needs updating (index has 2.9.8)
>
> But php56-curl depends to curl and multiple php56-* extensions depend to
> libxml2.
>
> If you upgrade only ports that are not related to PHP 5.6 (also their
> dependencies are not related) then it will be fine.

Thanks for pointing that out. I guess I need to lock all those dependencies
until I can upgrade php.

For anyone else dealing with this problem, I made a list of dependencies
for all the extensions that I'm using.

dependencies of php56 extensions:
libxml2
pcre
libzip
curl
libxml
libXpm
libX11
freetype
png
jpeg-turbo
t1lib
gettext-runtime
libiconv
oniguruma
libmcrypt
libltdl
unixODBC
sqlite3
readline
tidy-lib

Note that there may be others for extensions that I don't use.

For now, I will have to run portmaster -adx php56* to allow portmaster to
run without errors, and then answer no to updating all the locked ports.

Paul Schmehl, Retired
My opinions are my own.