Installing FreeBSD on HP Computer that is using software RAID 5

Carmel NY carmel_ny at outlook.com
Thu Jan 3 16:43:45 UTC 2019

On Thu, 3 Jan 2019 12:59:55 +0100 (CET), Trond Endrestøl stated:

>I hope you'll choose FreeBSD-12.0-RELEASE-amd64-disc1.iso or
>FreeBSD-12.0-RELEASE-amd64-dvd1.iso.
>
>The bootonly image does only boot the system, it does not contain the
>files needed to perform an installation.
>
>The dvd1 image is similar to the disc1 image, but it also contains
>prebuilt packages if you prefer that.

I have used the "Boot Only" disk for FreeBSD 11 on another PC. Once
started, it asked several questions and then proceeded to download
the required files via the Internet. I had an Ethernet connection
hooked up to that PC before I started the PC. Have things changes since
then?

--
Carmel