Installing FreeBSD on HP Computer that is using software RAID 5

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jan 3 12:17:27 UTC 2019

On 03/01/2019 11:05, Carmel NY wrote:
> That doesn't answer my question. I wanted to know if when I first
> install FreeBSD 12, and choose ZFS as the file system, will it
> recognize the three drives and set them up by default as a RAIDZ (RAID5
> or do I have to do that manually after FreeBSD is installed?

You will need to go into your server BIOS and delete the existing RAID
configuration.  The installer will then see all three drives, and you
can tell it to create a RAIDZ over all three of them.

	Cheers,

	Matthew