size of debug symbols

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Fri Feb 22 16:00:57 UTC 2019

>  But did you consider deleting older versions of libraries
>  that are maybe still present?
>
>  >From /usr/src/Makefile:
>
>  # delete-old          - Delete obsolete directories/files/libraries.
>  # delete-old-dirs     - Delete obsolete directories.
>  # delete-old-files    - Delete obsolete files.
>  # delete-old-libs     - Delete obsolete libraries.
>
>  Maybe you're seeing obsolete stuff, too...

	When I run "make delete-old", I get asked about each individual file.
	There are a _lot_ of files.
	Is there a way to say "y" to everything?  I know this -
technically - incurs a certain amount of risk.  But considering Ican't
remember any reports of someone getting bit by this it seems like a
risk worth taking.

			Respectfully,

				Robert Huff