Cannot identify process of listening port 600/tcp6

BBlister bblister at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 13:43:08 UTC 2019

The rpcinfo -p does appear to be useful but not entirely, because still some
ports are hidden.

For example, on my machine I have two listening sockets
815/tcp4 and 874/tcp6

# netstat -an | grep -E '874|815'
tcp4       0      0 *.815                  *.*                    LISTEN
tcp6       0      0 *.874                  *.*                    LISTEN

sockstat reports ?
# sockstat | grep -E '874|815'
?        ?          ?     ?  tcp4   *:815                 *:*
?        ?          ?     ?  tcp6   *:874                 *:*

rpcinfo -p reports just one port
# rpcinfo -p| grep -E '874|815'
    100021    0   tcp    815  nlockmgr
    100021    1   tcp    815  nlockmgr
    100021    3   tcp    815  nlockmgr
    100021    4   tcp    815  nlockmgr

The 874/tcp6 which belongs to rpc.lockd does not appear on this list.
Is rpcinfo only for IPv4 and if yes,what tool do I use for IPv6 ?

Thanks for your hint Greg Veldman-3

--
Sent from: http://freebsd.1045724.x6.nabble.com/freebsd-questions-f3696945.html