OpenSSL

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 08:38:20 UTC 2019

Answering myself:

On my FreeBSD-11.2, I have:

root at waridi:/ # /usr/bin/openssl version
OpenSSL 1.0.2p-freebsd  14 Aug 2018
root at waridi:/ # /usr/local/bin/openssl version
OpenSSL 1.0.2q  20 Nov 2018

So the OpenSSL version is the same. I need to deinstall the port and remain
with the base one, or if I want crazy things, I can install
security/openssl1111.
So I have a choice between adding either of the following to /etc/make.conf:

DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=ssl=base
DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=ssl=openssl

..then doing a `[portupgrade -a`.

Is that correct???

At the moment, I have been having DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=ssl=openssl but I seem
to suffer from certain conflicts related to OpenSSL.

So, assuming I want to standardize linking against the ports/openssl, how
do I have to make a list of ALL installed ports, deinstall them, then
reinstall them again?
Is there an easier way to do that??