static internal IP address as default networking config; ONLY if that fails, try to get an IP address via dhcp?

toogley toogley at mailbox.org
Sun Feb 17 10:19:48 UTC 2019

Hey,

i know how i can configure my FreeBSD machine to use a static internal ip addresss or how to get one via dhcp. As i sometimes change the netmask of my internal network, the networking via static ip addresses doesn't work anymore.

==> Is it possible to have a static network configuration as "default networking method" and ONLY if that fails, try to get one via dhcp?