Has anyone attempted creating a Vala project in Anjuta IDE ?

Manish Jain jude.obscure at yandex.com
Thu Feb 7 21:38:08 UTC 2019

Hi,

On FreeBSD 12, I am trying to create a Hello World (GTK) application
in Vala using Anjuta. My project sources consist of hello.vala (very
rudimentary), besides files auto-generated by Anjuta.

But when I try to build the project, Anjuta reports failure stating :
"Do not know how to make hello.c"

A message to the Anjuta mailing list got me confirmation that they
have never attempted Vala projects under FreeBSD.

Has anyone in our part of the world ever tried creating a Vala project
in Anjuta IDE ? Thanks for any help.

PS: it appears this is an autotools problem which tries to use BSD make
instead of GNU make.

Manish Jain