vt console

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Mon Dec 30 17:22:16 UTC 2019

On Mon, 30 Dec 2019 12:05:58 -0500, ajtiM via freebsd-questions wrote:
> Today I did read https://wiki.freebsd.org/Newcons and there are not any
> changes for " Screen saver         Unstarted"
>
> Changes on the site are made I think in 2015. Do they plan or is it
> impossible to make "green saver" to works, please?

Forget about vt. If your system runs X, use X (and a screensaver
for X), as X forces you to use vt. If it does _not_ run X, switch
to sc and use the sc-based screensaver as it worked for decades.
I've been following this suggestion for some time now, and it
saves you lots of trouble and disappointment. :-/

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany