Building "Kleopatra" with debug symbols

Trond Endrestøl trond.endrestol at ximalas.info
Sat Dec 14 19:55:50 UTC 2019

On Sat, 14 Dec 2019 14:13-0500, Jerry wrote:

> I am having a problem with "Kleopatra" crashing. Unfortunately, the
> back-trace is useless. I was told to build "Kleopatra" with debugging
> symbols.
>
> I have tried a few methods I found while Googling, but nothing actually
> worked. Probably, because they were based on Linux.
>
> Can anyone tel me how to go about it?

I had to do the same for net/ocserv a while back.

Option 1:

Create /usr/ports/security/kleopatra/Makefile.local, giving it this
content:

WITH_DEBUG=YES

Option 2:

Add the aforementioned line to /etc/make.conf. Don't forget to remove
or comment it out when you have rebuilt Kleopatra, otherwise all ports
will be built with debug symbols, leading to huge executables all over
/usr/local.

I prefer the first option as it gives me finegrained control over
which ports are built with debug symbols or other customizations.

--
Trond.