Cross-compiling with go for arm on amd64. Possible?

CyberLeo Kitsana cyberleo at cyberleo.net
Wed Dec 11 19:01:20 UTC 2019

On 12/10/19 9:23 AM, Scott Aitken wrote:
<snip>> rather than the dd I did:
> # truncate -s 512M /var/swapfile
> # ls -als /var/swapfile
> 96 -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  536870912 Dec 11 02:08 /var/swapfile
>
> The fstab info was very helpful, thanks.  I've now got a 512M swapfile.

Don't use truncate(1) to create swapfiles. On filesystems that support
sparse files, it will not allocate any space on the underlying
filesystem. This can lead to a deadlock if the kernel attempts to swap
and the filesystem runs out of space to allocate. It can also lead to
extreme fragmentation, but that's not much of an issue on flash storage.

--
Fuzzy love,
-CyberLeo

<CyberLeo at CyberLeo.Net>