u3g Sierra Wireless LTE device disconnects ppp after 2-3MB of outgoing traffic

Adrian Gschwend ml-ktk at netlabs.org
Wed Dec 11 16:59:59 UTC 2019

On 11.12.19 23:41, mike tancsa wrote:

> How are you starting ppp ?  ppp -ddial target ?

exactly. Only thing it tells me is that I do not have a "default" but I
guess that's because I labeled it "provider".

> on cuaU1.4 just type
>
> ati <enter>
>
> You wont see what you type, but you should get MCC7700. Does that not work ?

no it does not, I guess it's because I have a different card so maybe my
hardware behaves a bit different. Mine is a MC7430 (Asian LTE bands)

> your ppp logs should show you something when the connection dies. Whats
> in the logs ?

That is the weird thing, not much so far. Just the ones I posted before
and from time to time reporting like

ppp[57554]: tun0: Phase: deflink: HDLC errors -> FCS: 22, ADDR: 90,
COMD: 0, PROTO: 0

regards

Adrian