Unable to get kde5 to run

Tomasz Kowalczyk kowalczt.fbsd at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 16:08:48 UTC 2019

On wtorek, 10 grudnia 2019 16:25:26 CET Jerry wrote:
> FreeBSD 11.3
>
> After failing to get kde5 to run with the build in Intel video chip, I
> installed an nVidia card, with the driver, etcetera. Unfortunately, kde
> And this is the ~/.xinitrc file:
>
> exec ck-launch-session startkde

I hit the same issue few days ago. (I wasnt using my FreeBSD instalation for
some time tho).
Looks like some files changed and now i can only run kde from console by
changing that line to:

exec ck-launch-session startplasma-x11 > ~/.xsession-errors 2>&1

Ofc u dont need to collect console output, but sometimes its usefull.